Sunday, July 20, 2008

Your Dream/God's Dream

The sermon today was good... about Joseph:Living God's Dream for your Life. Just a couple of my notes....... You have a dream for your life be it relational, job related, whatever it is, probably placed there by God Himself and when you begin to doubt your dream, see if it's in line with God's word. And when you face destruction, are you willing to wait for the dream? Yes, many of us know about waiting for the dream - while you are, Live the Dream - lead in slave's clothing. Work while you're "in Egypt".....while you are in a place where you don't especially think you want to be, it could also be a place where you may have the most impact, God has you there for a particular reason. Resist temptation by staying busy about the Master's business and tell temptation the Truth. Live like a citizen of heaven while you're in Iowa (or Texas!) And learn to survive the setbacks and bottom-outs! I know several people near and dear to me who have done just that. Still they wait. . . . and wait. . . . for their dream.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I learned it's good to have lots of friends...Jesus had 12 best friends. Then I colored a
heart and stuck some stickers on it. Maybe I'll get to actually sit in church next week....

Shelly said...

Your message has hit home for me right now. Thanks Connie, this is exactly what I needed to hear today. :) While I sit at this job I don't like.... waiting for my dream.