Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Highlights

And the winner is: JILL!!! She won the "wet pants contest" for this family gathering. Obviously she did not start out in these pants yesterday, she had to quickly change in the middle of a wild game of Loaded Questions. I, on the other hand, remained dry the whole day. Such fun.
Here is the grandchild lineup for Christmas 2008. Precious gifts from God.
Whoops! We're backing up to the day before. I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen making goodies - which is why Don took this shot..... he doesn't see this very often! Just look at how jolly I look. No, really I was having fun. (Note: empty bottles on the counter are not wine bottles, but Mona Vie health drink. We are trying to feel better, but I think a cheap wine would make me feel much better. oh, well.)

And so it snowed again!!! Her hair is getting higher!!! The higher the hair, the closer to God. And look at that luxurious stole she is wearing. These porch knobs are giving me such a kick.

One of the highlights of Christmas this year was surprising my mom and dad by us 5 kids showing up all together and presenting them with a new flatscreen TV. I fixed dinner and we had a great family time! Thank you, Lord God, for this precious time. I will cherish it forever.
Left to right: Mary, me, Cindy, Mike, Gary. and of course dad and mom (Don and Donna)







3 comments:

Laura said...

great picture of all of you guys. Your knob is hilarious. She's so chic. Keep us updated...

Kathy said...

I love this post! And needed it today! God is awesome, the way He keeps showing up in so many ways! I love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everyone was able to be there! I hope it was a fun day, very special.
carrie