Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yukky snow & windy wind

This is how our neighborhood looks these days. Lot of melting with the warm temps, but it's getting pretty ugly, too. Either it needs to melt down to the ground completely or get a fresh coat of snow, which I think I heard is going to be the case Friday night. Even though it has felt like spring, we all know that Feb. in Iowa means cold and snow. Notice to the right in the picture there is kind of a shelf of snow. It's been kind of cool watching the different formations take place in melting snowbanks out here, but then I get a kick out of watching paint dry, so . . .
It got pretty windy out here and blew my trellis off the side of the porch. Oh, man, it broke my funky glass bottle (bottom left), and broke the head off my pink flamingo birdhouse. I cleaned up the mess and we're good to go for now. We catch some pretty strong winds, that's why we get the snow drifts we do and the leaf piles we do and all that good stuff. The day Don and I blow away, we'll just pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again. Hey, that could be a song!



1 comment:

emily said...

NAST. I won't talk about how it is SUNNY...70 degrees...BEAUTIFUL out in Austin today.
Just look forward to May. :)