Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Edenisms

Little Miss Eden Grimes spent lots of time at the art table today, watercoloring. Of course I had other kids to attend to as well, but I was able to listen to her more today. Here are just some of the Edenisms I heard today:
"A very delicate blue will do" (as she put the blue paint to the paper)
"In the spirit of 1-2-3" (as she painted some red lines on her paper)
"Everything's so busy!" (as her paper began to fill up with watercolors)
"I'll be painting at this all year!" (when I told her she was working hard)
"When I first heard about preschool and we had a celebration (I think she meant the ice cream social) I was shy of you, but now I'm not!"
"This morning when I came to preschool I cried - then I stopped - and now I'm talking. It's so embarrassing!"
"Boys get on my nerves - it's totally gross to think about kissing them!)
"Elly calls it a boo-boo, I say owie!"
"When she cries, I just talk to her cause I'm the big sister and I can make her feel better."

All the above info was unsolicited. She just came forth with it! What a blessing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl is hilarious! We have one like that in our classroom. Very chatty and very grown up. I mean "delicate blue" "in the spirit of 1-2-3"?!?! How are you not supposed to laugh at that?

emily said...

I LOVE her!! She makes me smile!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Did you hear that she "took something" from preschool to "remember it"? Shadley was worried until she pulled a woodchip out of her pocket!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Umm...where are the Samisms?

Connie said...

yes, I heard the woodchip story...that funny girl! Samisms?! I know!!! He's gotta talk to me first!