Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why "I'm Free"

He's alive! He defeated death and so will we someday. Amazing, isn't it?
This is a very old picture that belonged to my grandma Frances Quint. She died when I was 12 and this is the only thing (a wonderful thing) I have to remember her by.
Here is the cake I made for Sunday's dessert. What began as the tomb opening up and Jesus resurrecting became a mess, so I turned it upside down and wa-la, it looked more like a rabbit, so, here a rabbit it is! (just kidding, I hope God has a sense of humor). Anyway, I used a Skittle for the mouth, half a chocolate egg for the nose, raw spaghetti for the whiskers - which for some reason grossed out some of the kids, yet they asked where it was after I took it off and threw it away, I think they really wanted to chomp on it. I still had some Valentine hearts for the eyes! Contrary to what Sam thought, the ears are not bacon strips! Just pink frosting. All in all, I think it was a hit for the audience I was targeting!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I had no idea that cake had double meaning! Is it one of those tricky ones where you see something different depending on which way you look??

emily said...

bacon strips?!?! HAHA!!! that's great! I can see that!