Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Strange Friday

My Friday was a strange one. As soon as I got off work, I felt this heaviness come over me that I can't describe. I drove over to Jill's and sat down at her kitchen table. She wanted me to spill my guts, but I didn't know what to say. She offered me a peanut butter sandwich, 2 or 3 times and I declined each time, but later I wish I had accepted. Sam and Max kind of cheered me up temporarily and when I got back in my car, I called Emily and talked to her a few minutes, but she was actually working thru her lunch time, so that was brief. Then I had to stop at Wal Mart for a couple things and there I ran into Laura and Lily. So within a half hour's time I made contact with all my daughters. God is so good. After leaving Wal Mart, I turned on the car radio and heard the song about " take more of me so I can have more of You" and it was the icing on the cake. It's what I needed to hear. But when I got home, I was so much looking forward to having a hot dog and guess what - no bread - not even a heel. So I just had a wiener dipped in catsup and mustard. Did I let that ruin my day? No, I just kind of wished I had taken Jill up on that peanut butter sandwich though!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, mom. I love you. You're so funny. That 'wiener deal' probably would have pushed me over the edge...