Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Tender Thursday Evening

We visited my parents tonight. Lately I begin to miss them a great deal. It's strange, but I keep feeling pulled toward them. Our visits have been so good. When we hug and kiss goodbye, they won't let go easily. Our hands hold each other for an extended time and sweet words are exchanged. It's like we are circling around to another separation anxiety in our old ages! I love it and hate it at the same time. It is a challenging time in their lives and that is waking me up to trying to be aware of their needs and be there for what they need. Mostly to love on them. They are craving that most. Gripping for the hands and hearts of those they love.

2 comments:

jkmantz said...

What a wonderful, thought provoking post. I am glad your parents have you to love on them. Keep up the good work.

Fantastic Figments said...

Love what else do we need?

Although in a different context. You should read to poem: Love is not all. (if you type that into google is should come right up)

Amazing the power of love but not one of us could deny it.

Have a great Monday my lady.

Smooches