Friday, August 1, 2008

50's Memorabilia

Here is my nun doll I got for Christmas in the 50's. I think I actually asked Santa for it! She stood on a music box that played Ave Maria - it still plays but a little twangy and messed up sounding. She has no hair under her veil, but she's got white panties and black slip on shoes!
When you take her off the stand, there is a compartment where I kept my rosary! I don't remember ever wanting to be a nun, but I was curious about them, so I went to visit them at the convent once and they gave me orange pop to drink! I think they were trying to win me over to their order, but I liked boys too much to give them up!
I don't consider myself a catholic anymore, but this is a sweet childhood memory of mine that helps to replace the memory of real nuns slapping us with sticks!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

umm...yikes? It kind of scares me? hmmm...white panties, huh?