Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Emily needs prayer

I am simply blogging to pass the time while waiting for my baby girl to call again. She is in the ER in Austin with a horrible headache gone out of control. They are getting ready to do a catscan on her now. It's 10:00 p.m. and it could be hours yet before I hear anything. Part of me wants to be packing my duds and hitting the road. My heart is aching, my eyes are swollen and burning, my stomach is tumbling, my lungs are heaving trying to keep breathing. I am talking to God and I don't even know if I am making any sense. Holy Spirit, intervene for me. I should be there for her, but I am not. I have asked Jesus to cover her with His sweeet love and comfort. They know one another so well and I take great comfort in that. She is not alone and scared. Time is dragging on and so I will try to rest, but. . . . with the phone next to me.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Connie,
I hope you were able to get some rest tonight. I have been praying for Emily and I know many ohters are too. She is in the best hands their are and He is watching over her because He loves her so deeply.

Kathy said...

We are praying & we put a prayer request out on our prayer chain as well.

I hope you are doing better OR traveling :)

Sharon Lobb said...

hi connie. it's so good to see your emily again. we've missed her laugh...her cheerful spirit. but that's nothing new for you. i know you miss her dearly. anyway, thanks for birthing her. i'm giving her hugs from you. i hope you know how awesome a mom you are. you have reared beautiful children (& grandkids) who love the Lord passionately.

Jen said...

Hi Miss Connie,
I just want to thank you for sharing your daughter with us down here in Austin. I can't imagine how hard it is not have her there with you, especially right now. I'm an only child and my mom lives in St. Louis. I miss her so much every day. But God brought some amazing people into my life here who have made the transition so much easier than I could have ever hoped for and have brought tremendous amounts of glory to His name through their love. One of those people is Emily and I'm SO thankful for her. I'm sure you know how much she's loved in Austin but I just felt the need to tell you my small story. :) I hope you're having a wonderful week. Much love. Jen