Friday, June 20, 2008

My hubby and trellis

Here is my friendly husband or husbandly friend, whichever. He is doing really good. God is giving this guy a "what for", let me tell you. Well, maybe I won't tell you here, but trust me, He is. This whole injury, surgery, recovery time has brought Don down on his knees. I am so amazed as I see God's fingerprints all over him. Just working him over good. He's doing some crazy stuff to me, too. God, that is. Well, sometimes Don, too, but.....never mind!!!
I was just looking at my little trellis thingy and hoping it lasts a long time. I love this old thing. I take it outside every spring, summer, and fall, then back inside for the winter. I hang random things on it. The birdhouse says "Look at the birdie!" but no birds have wanted to live there. They don't want to live in the pink flamingo either. I don't understand it. Oh, well. I was thinking I should dig around the porch and find some more stuff to hang on it. It takes on a new look each year, but there are a couple oldies on there. Just to the bottom right of the flamingo's feet there's a tiny clothespin angel who is very dirty and tattered and weathered, but she keeps hanging in there year after year, poor little thing!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so thankful for this update! I have been wondering how you guys are doing. So much going on with the flooding and all.

It's neat to be able to see God working in and though you guys during this very trying time. He is so good to us!

I love the trellis thingy. Verycool, very you :)

I don't understand why any bird wouldn't want to live in a flamingo!