Sunday, July 22, 2007

BINGO-BANGO

Here are us girls playing Bingo at the Kinze Family Fun Day. All seems fine and dandy. Just look at us, watching our cards and hoping for a bingo so that we can get that coveted Kinze cookbook we've been after the past 2 years. But all is not what it seems. I guess I had a defective chair, because only moments later I suddenly went BANG-O flat on the floor. No warning - the chair just broke, folded flat and slammed to the floor, and I did the same! I seemed ok, other than being shocked, until we got outside and my back and legs started to hurt. I think it was "aftershock" setting in. To make a long story short, I was driven off in a golfcart to the EMT, got to sit in the ambulance, and was told to take ibuprofen. After that Fun Day continued on! Don won $10 on the money wheel and 5 tickets to Adventureland in the employee drawing. Jill got a bingo and a cookbook. The kids won lots of great prizes at the carnival games, did the waterslide, and had lots of good food. And me? I won nothing, but I had a bang-up good time!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. It's like the calm before the storm. I still can't believe no one got a picture. It's all a blur in my mind, because while you were experiencing your trauma I was keeping one eye on you and yet still checking my numbers.They should have given you at least an honorary BINGO or a cookbook or something!

emily said...

This makes me laugh. sorry! I'm glad you are ok though! Wish I could have been there!!

Kathy said...

yipe! i hope you are ok today, after your 'bang-up good time'!

i agree with Laura, you should have at least gotten some sort of prize.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Way to keep your chin up. You definately should have gotten a consolation cookbook for you injuries.

bruce said...

Ever since I started to play online bingo a few years ago, I've seen a massive rise in the number of people who play. Online bingo seems to be one of those things that has really caught people's attention especially this year... a bit like the poker boom of last year. I am not complaining though, because there's now loads more free cash offer than there ever used to be.

I wonder how many people will be playing this time next year? I think the fad will have worn off by then.