Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Yesterday is now just a blur in my mind. I was helping Jill paint large polka dots on one wall of the baby's room and I must have had a major brain fart or something, because I spilled a whole quart of paint onto the carpet. I remember telling myself not to cry because it would make Jill cry for sure. I also remember both my hands being completely submerged in paint as I was frantically trying to scoop it up and back into the can. I remember going to the kitchen to rinse out rags and seeing 3/4 of the kitchen floor in water - Jill dropped a pail of water - by this time I knew she wasn't going to cry if she hadn't started by now! After getting most of the paint up, we got out the steam carpet cleaner she just bought Damon for his birthday and went to work on it that way. At one point I thought I'd be buying new carpet for that room, then later I thought well, maybe just a throw rug! Then two hours later, it looked just fine. I couldn't believe it. My whole body aches today from all the stress! But that room looks so CUTE!!!!! For some reason this thing won't let me type in a title for my post. hmmmm - don't have time now to mess with it anymore - Linda will be here soon and wacky time begins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor girls! what a mess, I'm glad that it cleaned up. can't wait to see the baby's room! (and the baby) ;)

emily said...

I think you need to start posting about your crazy adventures with Linda! AND post the pictures from the photo booth please!!!!

Kathy said...

Photo booth! Pictures please

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Yep, you gotta do it, Mom. Come on, you know how to use your scanner.