Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wild Weather

Hasn't the weather been strange lately? Monday we had golfball sized hail just as Don was trying to get home from work. I was stranded at Hobby Lobby because they said there was a tornado on the ground just west of us, so they took everyone into a safe room and kept us there quite a while. When I got home, there was hail in our yard still pretty good sized. Yesterday I was looking around at the sky and it was entirely yellow. This was about 10:00 or so. No gray, no blue, no clouds, just this hazy yellow. It was so odd, I thought, wow, God, what are You doing? I never saw the sky look like that before. After dinner Don went outside and said the air was so heavy he couldn't believe it. Then as the next storm came, we decided to outrun it by chasing over to Laura and Joe's. Don made me drive while he "looked around". It came on so fast and furious. I went thru one stoplight and one stopsign getting there. Probably not the wisest decision we've ever made, but it was fun being in the basement staying silly for the kids! Later back home, jumped with the thunder booms through the night. I know IC is not the only place having this wild weather. I hear CR and CC have it too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you say that. When it's tornado season I tell the kids dont' worry until the sky turns green.....well, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YELLOW?
Q came and drug me to the window and I was really astounded. The entire sky was golden. Never seen that before! Of course I rushed right outside to check it out. I love storms.

Connie said...

Oh, good, I'm glad you saw it, too. Now I know I wasn't hallucinating! ha!!!