Sunday, July 29, 2007

Yes, I really wore these!

Sorting thru things I had stored at the Brown's, I pulled out my wedding gown from 1971 and look at that - it still fits!!!! Well, maybe not. Don't know if you can see the damp eyes or not, but there were a few tears quietly shed. Just pack it away, Connie, and move on to the next one.
This is the shirt Bill wore when we first met and he wore it alot!!! And it's still around, unless Damon has already gone to the dump, in which case, it's gone and that's o.k. I tried to smell it, but it just smelled like basement - not Bill - so bye bye, shirt. The shirt can also be viewed when you girls go thru "the box". It appears in several photos. I tell ya, the guys wore it often!!!
This is the junior bridesmaid dress I wore for Kenny's wedding. It's pretty rotten. bye bye.
This cute little embroidered floral number was my 8th gr. graduation dress. We had a big ceremony back then just like high school has. It was a big deal. It went into a V in the back and you won't believe how skinny this dress is.....was.....yup, it went bye bye also.
And last but not least, my going away dress from my wedding day. This dress was equally as skinny, but really REALLY SHORT!!! Just covered my fanny. I wore a cute pair of white sandals with it. Note: I made it. It has my wedding colors and everything! Isn't it cute!?!
Well that ends my fashion show, hope you all enjoyed it!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

awwwww this is a neat post. i can see why you would want to smell his shirt.

your going away dress was awesome! very cool, very you!

your wedding dress was pretty!

emily said...

Maybe if I lose 30 pounds I could wear your wedding dress someday! I don't think I have ever seen that shirt of dads!!! that is awesome!

Shelly said...

i think i would have to have matching undies to go with that 'going away' dress... that's so short!!

Laura said...

Dad's "sweater" cracks me up...it's like a perfect square. It's just as wide as it is long...that can't be good.