Sunday, August 26, 2007

CC ROCKS!!!

We traveled north yesterday. Looked around my old stomping grounds in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. So much has changed. When they move whole streets and buildings, it changes things so much that it's a lot to take in. . . . and accept! We made it to Charles City by 4:30. We had a little time to talk with Gary and Melinda, but people were always coming up asking them questions, so it was hard, but that's ok. We got a kick out of watching all the happenings and I got to help be a "go-fer" so that was cool. The Bethany Alliance Praise Band was good, not just because Gretchen and Melinda sing in it, but because they sing good! Gretchen even sang a song that she wrote called Run to You. It was beautiful. Yea, Gret, you are a star! By the Tree surprised me. They were really good in a loud rockin' way that I didn't expect. And I love their new World on Fire. God gave us a beautiful evening outdoors and a large crowd to sing His praises. It was great! See, we didn't drive all that way just cause it was FREE! It was free and wonderful! Even if the crowd didn't "get" the beach ball thing!!! What happened there???!!! Oh, well, we tried. I'm tired, but it's a good tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know right!? Those kids got a hold of the beach balls and just held on to them, baby! My kid was oneof them--she got it signed by Ben the bass player and it's in her room. (sigh) "He's so cute"

It was a rockin' good time though. All plan to join next year. :)