Wednesday, May 16, 2007

off to a start . . . .

Wow. Today is off to a great start. First I couldn't get up on time, so it's rush around time! No hot water! not even lukewarm. We're talking cold. So I wash the "absolute necessaries" and get out fast. Then I can't find anything to wear. The capris I decide on need to go into the dryer cause they're all wrinkled. I figure I better re-light the water heater. This means pulling half the stuff out of Don's side of the closet, removing the wall panel, then looking for the wire hook thing that holds the match so that you can reach back to the pilot. hmmmmm..........I put it somewhere logical where I'd know next time....hmmmm....after looking several places I finally find it on the shelf by the matches! who'd have thought?! ok, I'm really running late now. I grab a big piece of masking tape to hold the springy-like door open by taping to a nearby pipe - so near that I can barely get my hand through. I get all my gear into the closet and can't find the tape. I find the tape - stuck down to the carpet, cause I dropped it and stepped on it so it's now full of carpet fuzz, but it holds anyway. Now where is my flashlight, cause it's darker than all get out in there. Left it out in the dining room. got it. ok. I'm laying on my stomach. Then practically on my head, but I lit it. My capris are ready to step into. I sit down to eat my cereal and flip on the TV to catch Joyce Meyer. Not today!!! The cable is out. great. just fuzz. not even any static noise. nothing. So I think this is where I made up all my lost time is scarfing down the cereal and moving on to finish getting ready, which gave me a couple minutes to post this! pretty cool, huh? Maybe the rest of the day will be equally wonderful. Love all you guys!

7 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I find it very funny, and strangely familiar, that you are running "late" but still manage to have time to blog. Welcome to my world.

Anonymous said...

What is good about days that start like that is that once you get in the car you just think, "Ok God, things can only get better from here!" and it gives you something to look forward to.
Well, sometimes I think like that.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I too have days like this one. Not much fun, that's for sure. I can't believe all the things you needed just to light that pilot light! That was so funny!
Hope the rest of your day was better.

Kathy said...

ya had me laughing at this post, especially the part about running late but posting ha!

you are not old or washed up either!

love you!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have just stopped what you were doing, and gone back to bed.

emily said...

seriously, through this whole post I was thinking..."and your blogging!?!" way to go mom! I hope that your day went better! Love you!

Anonymous said...

i'm laughing because i know ;)