Tuesday, May 8, 2007

This is the day . . . .

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day that Emily is leaving and I am not glad about that so much, but I am praying for strength and even thanking God for the pain of saying goodbye again. It has been a sweet time with her. It feels like a little part of me dies everytime she leaves, but I have seen her growth. She is mature, more servant-like, and such a beautiful creature. It has caused me to step back and look at my other two girls and realize how special they are and where they have come to. I am amazed and blessed! So, yes, this is a difficult day, but I will rejoice and be glad in it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it good to get to a place where you can thank God even for the hard things. For how He is changing you, purifying you, through the tough stuff of life. "Choosing to rejoice no matter what" is so hard some days, but that is the secret to contentment.
Rejoice that you have a loving hubby, 2 girls and 5 1/2 grandchildren right there by you! and 1 daughter soaring down in Texas. very blessed indeed.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Ok, so are you going to make me cry every time I come to your blog? Is that what this is going to be about?! Guess I'll have to bring a hanky with me.

Anonymous said...

I know that has to be so hard. I gulp every time I think about Zach going to Middle School this year. I mean Middle School, really! It's only months away now, and it's just hard to beleive. I know this is only the beginning of big changes to come. It's is sooo good to remember all God has given you...we are very blessed aren't we? I love you guys...I think I need a kleenex!

emily said...

Oh mom! This is going to be a hard day. But you are right. REJOICE!!! BE GLAD!!! God is doing something amazing in this season. Keep trusting Him! Love you SO much!!

Anonymous said...

hooray i've found you!

i will be praying for you, thanks for this post. great way to keep up with the things going on down there.

love you! Kathy