Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pre-school blues

Well, I'm singing those preschool blues - I got kids I don't want to lose.
Today was bye bye to the 5 year olds as they move on to their kindergartens! sniff sniff This is much tougher than saying goodbye to jr. high kids, especially the ones I had. That was more like good riddens. These little sweet punkins are going to grow away and you just want to keep them! Wait til Sam comes thru - I'll try to keep him til he's 8 or 9, then let him move on to public school! yeah, right. We had a picnic at City Park after school. Tomorrow we will do the same thing again with the younger group. Most of them will return in the fall. Then Friday is a clean up work day and I am free for the summer. I don't know where the school year went. I could swear God is speeding up the days.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree with you, that time is speeding up. Tonight was our last kids club at church and I am loosing two of my kids to the youth group. One girl I have had for four years - she is a hard one to loose. So I can relate with what you said about your little kiddos! Keep Sam for as long as you can! :)

A free summer, oh those were the days!

Take care, I love you!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to see them go! I too was a preschool teacher for several years! It is hard to let them go...especially your "buddies"! Did you have a couple? I always tried to be fair and spend equal time with each child but in the end, there are those one or two little angels that just catch your heart, and become your favorite little buddy!! Sometimes I really miss working the preschool scene. They are so precious!