Friday, June 1, 2007

I am going to blog today before I get too busy with my artwork. The Iowa Artsfest is this weekend. We will set up downtown tonight and the artshow part of it runs Sat. and Sun. Sounds like we will get rain off and on, but I am not worried. I have been praying about it and I believe God will provide a cover over us and the show will go on . . . . as my grandpa Fry used to say, "hell or high water". Perhaps it will be the latter. I started a new project last night and need to finish up today. Typical me. I was ready, but oooops, one more thing! Hopefully Jill will take some photos and blog about it on Monday. Guess I am just too lazy to learn it. CC people, I went to the dr. yesterday. Tell your dad my cholesterol is still fine, as is my blood sugar. He was asking about it last weekend and I told him I had already been tested again and was going to find out this week. Praise God. I have been off work one week and I miss those little kids already. At the Dr. we spent part of the time talking about his son Parker, who is in my class and happens to be one of my favorites. I told him to tell Parker I love him and I miss him so much. He just patted me on the back. Good "bedside manner". We had supper at our new I-Hop last night. It was yummy. We can eat off the senior menu (55+) Then we went over to Sycamore Mall and saw the big live show - Joe Exotic - sounds like a male stripper - but no. His real name is Joe Schreibvogel, but who can say that? Exotic is a much better stage name! He was a master illusionist. Kind of cheesey, but still very good. He also had some exotic wild animals with him. And he gave kids a great message against drugs, alcohol, and bullying. Don hopes to take the boys over this weekend to see it. They'll love it. So my summer is a whirlwind of excitement and challenges so far. Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

If you can figure out how to post a scanned picture of your grandson's artwork, you can figure out how to post pictures! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

What a night--eating cheap off the senior menu and off to see "Joe Exotic," WOW! You guys are crazy :)
But seriously, I love to watch that stuff, 'cuz it makes me crazy to know how they do it.
I hope you have a great show this weekend! I wish I could come. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

We'd love an update on the weekend!

Anonymous said...

We'd love an update on the weekend!