Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Saturday!

Does anyone else feel the planet spinning faster besides me??? whew! So much I want to do and so little time. But I love it. I love having something else in the wings when I switch gears. I have been so inspired this week by various friends and family members and I feel stronger the need to worship my Lord. He has placed in me a desire to love and to give. I guess it's been there inside me a long long time, but is resurfacing to the top with strength that is overwhelming and not to be ignored any longer. So I am setting about to do His business.
This week I took my Dad down to Hills to get his hair cut. That's where his favorite barber is. It was a nice day for a little drive, it was pleasant company, and good to see the farms and fields and trees and all that. Good therapy for my parents. Dad's hair was long enough for a ponytail - and so white - and thick and wavy. I wanted to keep some, but I didn't. The barbershop reminded me of my grandpa's. Lots of bottles, comics, fishing stuff, etc. There was a cartoon up on the door that had 2 chocolate bunnies sitting side by side. The first one had his tail bit off and the 2nd one most of his ears bit off. The 1st one says "my butt hurts" and the 2nd one says "what? I didn't hear you" FUNNY, I thought!!!!
Also I had a surgical procedure done on Thurs. to remove a lump from my head - go ahead - laugh all you who know me well - but yes, I did, and contrary to what I believed, it was not some of my brains trying to get out, so they sent it to the labs to identify it. Will know more in a week or so. Hopefully it was some wierd little benign thing that is no more!
It's the weekend, and I am going to do some ART. yes! Thank YOU, for art. amen.

No comments: