Sunday, January 18, 2009

SUNDAY

The day began with an incredible message from Doug Fern. Oh - my - gosh! We need to hear more such things from the pulpit of our church if we are to learn how we should be living our lives for God and His glory. . . for the poor and hurting . . . the lost . . . the least. Our church needs to get off its high horse and get real with people. Doug is the hero of the day.
After church we were driving along Riverside Dr. and saw 4 bald eagles up close and personal, but of course we did not have our camera. They were awesome creatures. We had a little nap after lunch - much needed by both of us, then it was off to Jill's house for supper and Christmas gifts with Em. Don had to leave early to go home to bed, but I stayed until 9:30 or so. It was getting pretty silly by that time. Let's just say, be watching my daughters blogs for Grandma Super Cop, the video.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the video!

Bald eagles, priceless!

I love you

laura b. said...

I thought the same thing about the sermon. Dan missed church because he was sick so I think I'll get the CD...that way I can listen again.